Thursday, December 5, 2013

Making Do

As I posted on my instagram yesterday - I wanted to share a fun project I started one way and finished another.

2 weeks ago I went into a thrift store and found a sweet side table that was nice and sturdy and only 10.00 - the bones were good and I knew it just needed some paint. Fast forward to DIY day...

 
SO... I started sanding and was super excited to get painting when my husband pointed out
that there was a drawer missing...

 
OMG - I didn't even notice that. Great now what - I proceeded painting the table and kept it in my mind wondering what I could do with the small space there - It wouldn't sell with that gap so
 
 
 
we added a dowel and painted it the same color and added a small guest towel and wahh laaa...
 
 
 
A useful table that would work out well in a guest room along with the cute towel...
 
Pure sweetness wouldn't you agree?

 
I love when I make mistakes that actually turn out better then expected.
 
I am linking this up to the parties posted in my tab above.
 
Here's to making "HAPPY" mistakes.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great project -- thank you for sharing!

    I'm a new follower and I found you through Artsy Corner Thursday!

    http://christyscraftycorner.blogspot.com/2013/12/kissing-ball.html

    ReplyDelete