Monday, December 2, 2013

Here comes Santa

Tis the season ALREADY...I have a secret to share - I have always wanted to have one of those houses that were decorated beautifully - nothing fancy but filled with collectibles. I understand that it takes years to acquire such a collection and I am after all ONLY 43 - so I have LOTS of time to collect still but recently I started to fall head over heels for Santa - I especially love those old vintage Santa mugs...and while I may have one or 2 of those mugs (can't be sure) I have been on a sort of mission lately collecting anything and any kind of vintage LOOKING Santa... and lets just say I think my collection has begun!

 
Here is my hutch with my NEW collection...
funny thing is I had some of these Santas in my "collection" already - just using them else where.

 
Duh, isn't that one of the most important rules of decorating -
group like items???
See that Santa on the left side peeking in - well those were my moms and they are the ones that light up and are plastic - I took the light fixture out and am using them here...

 
All the mugs are ones I have been collecting this past year and last. A couple of them are from Pottery Barn - can you tell which?

 
The large platter is from the thrift store...so are the smaller salad plates on the middle shelf...cute right? That there Santa & Mrs. Claus I have had for years but again was using it on my mantel - not anymore. I gotta tell you this is one collection I am LOVING and can see collecting more of...
 
Well I sure hope your decorating is coming along nicely...
 
Happy Tuesday
Linking this up to the parties above...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment