Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hello 2014

I am starting this New Year with a vengeance. I have projects started all over the place. I am really into refinishing furniture and just finished an amazing vintage chair.

It was really rickety but had great bones...
 
Nice right? Looks like an old school chair.

 
So I spray painted the chair turquoise...I know what? spray paint but I just wanted the base to be a nice bright color - I was planning a distressing bonanza...

 
then I dry brushed some cream paint all over the chair in a half hazard way - I didn't lay it on thick just a quick brush over.

 
Then I took the sander to it and sanded in the MOST wearable spot - like the edges and the seat. When I was done sanding I noticed that the cream paint was still quite bright and wasn't really going for that look so luckily I had some of ANNIE SLOANS dark wax and rubbed it all over the cream paint and it really warmed up the whole chair.

 
Gotta tell you that I am in LOVE with the finished look of this old chair.

 
It sure looks like it has been around awhile!
Challenge - taken & accomplished!

 
pretty cool, right?
 
I am linking this up to the parties posted above.
 
Hope your year is starting out just like you wished!
 
Happy Making
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment